Translate

terça-feira, 8 de maio de 2012

"What goes around comes around"


“What goes around comes around”

Yesterday a friend of mine went out for lunch with another friend. They were enjoying a tasty meal, chatting and relaxing, but meanwhile my friend had this fear in the back of her mind. She only had 10€ in her wallet and she had said she’d pay for lunch. It’s funny how the mind keeps nagging at us, even though we are not really paying much attention to its considerations, choosing to enjoy instead.
Well, she stopped. Looked at this thought of not having enough money, or being left with none and when the bill came, it was 9,50€. She chose then and there to pay for lunch. No matter what. She just did it. Her friend didn’t have a clue of what was going on inside her companion. She was just enjoying her company.
Later on that day, my friend went to pick her children up at school. They had gone on a school trip recently, which had cost 10€. But the teacher had made some raffle tickets to sell and apparently in the end, the trip only cost 5€ per child. So the teacher was explaining this, but as my friend was worried about not having any money left, at first she understood she had to give the teacher an extra 5€ per child. No! None of that! She was going to receive 5€ per child – 10€. More or less the amount she had spent on lunch that very same day.
We keep on being told by our inner wisdom that “what goes around comes around”, that abundance comes in the most unexpected ways, that when we let go of fear everything flows with ease and grace… but fear sometimes stops us from flowing naturally with what our heart desires. Fortunately, even though I sometimes doubt, I have daily proof that it truly works this way – that the more I allow myself to give, the more I receive, simply because the more I allow myself to receive, the more I have to give. And the more of my authentic self I allow myself to receive within me, the greater the treasure I have to share, so the more I have to give… and on and on it goes.
Another short story of giving and receiving:
A week ago, as you know from previous texts I’ve shared here, I went to a Teacher’s Seminar. I had to go to Lisbon before this and then to Coimbra for the Seminar. My hotel room was paid for so I could have gone straight to Coimbra. Instead I chose to sleep half way, at home and leave in the morning with my friend Ana, so we could chat on the way and share expenses for the benefit of both. We were supposed to go in her car. In the morning, on the spur of the moment, we decided to go in my car. And do you know what? The following day she realized she had a problem with the brakes and could not have gone in her car, so if I hadn’t come, she wouldn’t have been able to go at all! But it doesn’t stop here J
So there we went and had the most enjoyable trip. We love each other’s company. When we arrived, as I’ve told you before, someone gave her a packet of biscuits while she was drinking coffee – just like that, out of the blue! And she was really hungry, because she hadn’t had breakfast J
Later on, we went for lunch and she paid for my lunch. The gifts I received were immense actually. My dinner was paid for, as well as my parking fee, and my room in the hotel, and breakfast the following day and I met some fabulous people, and I got some new business opportunities, and on the way back we stopped at the most glorious natural scenery and allowed ourselves to just breathe it all in and replenish ourselves with its magnificence.
Just because I am giving myself to life, giving my treasure of isness wherever I go, saying yes to love in all forms I receive and receive and keep on receiving and so do all of the people who are doing this, who are allowing themselves to Be who they truly are.
Just to cap up the day, when we got back from that beautiful place I told you about, my friend needed to go to the supermarket. And she did. When she arrived at the cashier she realized she didn’t have enough money. A kind young man offered to help her with that. She accepted. And then she gave him an “umbrella lift” to where he was going because it was raining. She asked him what wine he liked and what his name was. One day she bought a bottle of that wine and left it at the supermarket for the cashier lady to give to the young man when he went there, which was quite often… and that’s just simply the way it goes. Round and round, allowing oneself to receive, to give, to receive… all one and the same thing J


1 comentário:

  1. É extraordinário vivenciar estas experiências e eu sou a prova viva de como tudo acontece dessa forma. É apenas permitirmos-nos dar e receber(que afinal é a mesma coisa) em Amor, Compaixão e Gratidão. Eu sou a amiga que pagou o almoço, hehehe! fantástico, não acham?!

    ResponderEliminar