Translate

sexta-feira, 14 de dezembro de 2018

Choosing Love – Thank you Mother India/ Part 15


Shola Heights – where Heaven and Earth meet


Day 21 (Day 8 of Wonder-Bike Adventure) – 10th May 2018


We are leaving our Fairy Tale Cabin today. It is 6 am and we are ready to head to Shola Heights, once again a place we would not have been to, had it not been for Atul’s insistent recommendation.




From where we are it is about 150 km and we start off early in order not to catch the rain that the owner of Shola Heights informed us usually starts in the afternoon. Also, of course, the heat is more bearable while the sun is still gently rising in the sky.

We thank the special opportunity we were offered here at Hoode Beach, with all of its peculiar details. We are sure this stretch of our experience will remain vivid in our memories and will be recalled with much love and joyous humour.

Thank you Atul, for absolutely everything.

We have so far met so many special people, shared so much love... My choice for today is as always to keep on sharing love, in an open flow of wise communication where giving and receiving are one and the same cycle, just like each breath.

There is not too much traffic today.

We go past a lot of political campaigning, each party connecting with their potential voters on the last leg of this democratic journey. Elections are on Saturday. Just 2 more days to go.

Along the way our bike starts making a noise once again – it is the motorbike’s chain needing to be tightened. It has happened already a few times during our Wonder-Bike ride, but we have always found motorbike repair garages where it has been taken care of.

We arrive at Karkala, quite a big town, and we ask around but either we are not understood or there are no places to repair bikes around here. Then a young man who does not speak English happens to understand what we are looking for and hops on his bike, indicating that we must follow him. That’s what we do. He takes us through town, turning and turning in an impossible sequence of neighbourhoods that we would never have found our way through and sure enough he brings us to a large Royal Enfield Garage! 

We are so thankful to this young man! He totally went out of his way to bring us here and he does not leave until the bike is repaired. In the end we offer him some money but he refuses and lets us know that he is happy that our problem is taken care of. All we can do is be extremely thankful.

It reminds me of this Wisdom Love has shown me often: when Life wants to offer you more, don't be afraid to receive it - Life has no hidden agenda😊It's simply abundant!

Now it’s time to go towards Kudremukh National Park

We are asked where we are heading and get a ticket at the entrance, with the time of entry and are told we only have 2 hours to cross the park to the other side. We are not supposed to stop or make noise.

As we venture into the park we realize why. It is a tropical rainforest, magestically woven in shades of green, brown and bright colourful flowers we have never seen before, perfuming the air with a powerful sweetness that only tropical climes can create. 

We are fascinated by the beauty of this nature reserve. Animals roam free in the woods but they will of course be steering clear from the roads so we only get to see some monkeys and birds, whose music completes this gift our senses are genereously offered.

We do stop at a lookout spot, a place where one can behold the vast valley below. And then again we stop at a village to buy some bananas. People do live within this Park and street vendors take their chances at selling fruit and cakes to passers-by. They ask us to please switch off the motorbike engine while we are stopped and that’s how we understand that this village is still within the Park.

Bananas in India are something else! As are mangoes. It’s hard to eat just one. To the lady vendor’s delight we buy more than we intended to initially, we take in the beautiful smiles the people sitting on the street side offer us and we continue our journey towards Shola Heights which is not far from here. 

There is no internet connection so the GPS is off, but from the kilometre count we estimate we’re almost there.

It’s around 11 am when we get to the foot of the hill where Shola Heights is perched.

The owner had said the first time I called, that if needed we could call him to come and fetch us in his jeep but we decide to venture up ourselves, not fully realizing what we are getting ourselves into.

The first kilometre or so goes pretty well. The road is a mix of tarmac and cement. Then comes a sign saying that the next 4,5 km are very steep and the road is unsafe. I try to call but there is no coverage so we just move on up on the bike. The road is now a mix of clay and stones, all muddy from the night’s heavy rain. 

The bike starts slipping and Pedro has a hard time moving up without falling.We eventually fall sideways and I forget to lift my leg so as not to burn it on the bike’s exhaust pipe. But then the pain reminds me and I manage to jump off, though with some difficulty.

I have a huge burn on my inner right leg but at the moment there is nothing I can do about it, so I try and walk up as Pedro moves on with the bike. The road is steep and the heat is beating down hard, by now once again intensely humid. With the pain in my leg starting to throb harder, I just focus on each step, breathing and accepting the situation as it is. I know I have to reach the top of the hill, somehow.

A little further up, where it becomes temporarily less steep, Pedro is waiting for me. I am torn between the impossible task of walking up and the unsafe bike ride. I hop on. A few metres ahead we fall again. This time I hold my right leg up high and almost bash my face into the ground so as not to let my leg down. Seen from outside it is surely quite comical and the amazing thing is that I picture myself in this hopeless situation and see the humour in it. No point feeling despair. I couldn’t even if I wanted to. We have a destination and until we reach it we are on the way.

These are definitely the longest 4 km I have ever gone through in my life.

We are thoroughly relieved to get up there and my leg seems to not be hurting so much. We are received with much appreciation by Master Sukumar and his brother who gets us some refreshments.




They are surprised to see us as they had not received my message confirming our booking but we are welcome guests.

Sukumar looks at my leg and comments on the mighty burn it is. I reply that “this too shall pass”. At the moment I am super happy to be here! Fortunately they have something called Burnol, a gel to put on the burn so it does not blister. Later on I realize how fortunate I am to have this relieving gel, because as I relax and cool down, the pain makes its apprearance noticed.

Shortly after we arrive we are called in for lunch. An exquisitely delicious home-made Indian rhapsody of vegetarian delicacies, cooked with love. With the beauty of this place, its owners’ kindness, this nourishing food and the warmth of a wise conversation, we both feel blessed to be here and the tribulations of the journey up cannot dim the magnificence of being here and now. Sukumar happens to be a very wise Master who teaches Yogic Philosophy and this “tranquil abode” embraces us in the safety only Isness can create.

After lunch we rest and the silence up here in the mountains is simply bliss.

This is the kind of place I would choose to live at when retreating completely from the woes of social interaction, just permanently enjoying my inner stillness, sweetly and calmly observing the world go by.

With this feeling I drift off into a restful sleep and wake up at around 5 pm, ready for a short walk to breathe in the green mountains and the sun slowly settling in for the night.

When I put my foot on the ground and the blood flow pours into the burnt area, I realize what Pedro had been trying to tell me – that it would not be an easy thing to live with during the next weeks… Nevertheless, I breathe and wait for the pain to become more bearable in order to move, taking it moment to moment.

I walk down to a beautiful lookout spot and sit there, seeping in my communion with my own Isness, feeling Love Whisper: When Heaven & Earth unite within us, the clouds of illusion part.





I feel this so deeply, so strongly within myself, that tears softly roll down my cheeks, tears of Acceptance that All is Well in All of Creation and this is, indeed, the lifetime I have chosen to go past all of the Illusions of Form to Ascend beyond limitation.

The burn on my leg brings up all of the times I was right at the edge of Ascension, just like I am now at the edge of this mountain peak, with a clear vision all around, and for some reason I fell back into oblivion, which kept me coming to this amazingly seductive and beautiful planet over and over again… Now it’s different. Now the time has come. I feel I have been waiting for this exact time for centuries, milleniae even and now the shift is definite. No more space for guilt or for any other of the Small Human Self’s illusions, which I have long accepted, embraced and shed.



One of the greatest hurdles in Human life is accepting what we perceive as error, letting go of the compulsive need to judge and allowing reality the space to shape itself according to the perfect flow of Isness, which is not necessarily what the Mind deems correct.

Accepting the fact that I have burnt myself, with no guilt or judgement, no need for justification or correction, taking full responsibility and kindly giving my body lease to heal and giving myself the comfort of my Safe Space, feeling myself overflowing with Love no matter what, being thankful for absolutely every single moment in my Life, is a beautiful and peaceful realization that: All is Well in All of Creation. The solace of letting go of what should be to embrace what Is, is a permanent recollection of Home.

Later on at dinner time, once again we engage in a wise conversation with Sukumar and Pedro finds out that this is the Master he has been looking for ever since his first visit to India, the one who can lead him in the direction of knowledge he wishes to pursue.

Yesterday we had been considering whether to come or not, because of the price of the accommodation being a bit more than we intended to spend, but as it included all meals and was so highly recommended we fortunately came.

We have come here to receive so much! And to think we didn’t even know of the existence of this place before we met Atul, who himself was an unexpected encounter on our fairly unplanned journey.
 
When the rain comes tonight, complete with its mighty thunderous roar, we feel the Earth sigh, releasing the heat of the day to replenish itself with the fresh sparkle of pure water falling on it – Heaven and Earth merging as One.

💙💚💛💜


Read Post 1 of this series here, post 2 here, post 3 here, post 4 here, post 5 here, post 6 here, post 7 here, post 8 here, post 9 here, post 10 here, post 11 here, post 12 here, post 13 here, post 14 here


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário