Translate

quarta-feira, 19 de dezembro de 2018

Choosing Love – Thank you Mother India/ Part 16


Descending from Heaven

Day 22 (Day 9 of Wonder-Bike Adventure) – 11th May 2018


We wake up early, restful, grateful and happy, ready to behold the magnificent view of this new day from the mountaintop.


We venture out for a short walk, which reveals itself challenging for me, since any loose grass grazing past my burn, no matter how lightly, is a painful reminder of its existence and the top layer of skin being so fragile, it is easily removed, revealing the very sore and inflamed redness underneath.

Anyhow, nothing can reduce the brilliant magnificence of this crystalline morning, fresh and delighfully pristine. The mist is slowly fading off the mountain peaks, reminding me of the feeling I have when I watch films taking place in remote places of this beautiful Earth, where nature still has a stage to show its graceful power. Now I am the one in the film, no longer dreaming of being in such a place.




We both feel so fulfilled. Which reminds me of this Whisper of Love: The Power of Love is such that just one moment of True Love can erase a thousand moments of Fear.

Nothing can prevent us from choosing Love, always, all ways.


We are offered one of those tasty and nourishing Indian breakfasts, washed down with some more friendly conversation, longing to stay for more days… We know we will be back.

Going to the edge of the mountian for one last time before leaving, I find a cow standing in the way, and as she has sharp horns and an expression I can’t quite figure out, I decide to turn back and go the other way, stepping onto a heart shaped log and over the fence towards the alternative path.








It is round about midday when we decide to move on and though Sukumar’s brother had been insisting that we could go down by bike possibly safely, I had decided that I would rather walk down in that case and was ready to do so, when Sukumar kindly informs us that his driver will be taking me down in the jeep, while Pedro goes on the bike. Blessed by this kind offer, I express my gratitude and off we go.

Fortunately I am not on the bike, because a bit further down we find Pedro, who has fallen over and is now getting back up.

The jeep ride doesn’t feel all that safe, with the wheels slipping on the stones and clay, but the young man who is driving it seems quite confident, possibly he does this more than once a day, so I just settle into trusting that we will get down safely and hold onto the door handle and the seat, breathing deeply and thanking each metre left behind.

Pedro falls once again before we get to the tarmac. Thank Heaven I didn’t settle for riding down on the backseat of the bike.

Farewell Shola Heights. We Love You and Thank You for All that You Are.

My leg is not bandaged but I am wearing some very light trousers which don’t cling to my skin and though I had been wearing them up over my knees, now they will have to be rolled down for the bike ride.

Pedro has chosen the most winding road I can recall, though there’s not much he could have done about it, because all choices around here would be winding. 

The scenery is beautiful, with tea and coffee plantations as far as the eye can reach, high trees and green bushes perched on the hills. Despite the beauty, I can’t help but feel dizzy with the consecutive twists and turns and I ask to stop for a while, to recover my balance. Being on a bike, and having nowhere to lean onto in case I faint, all I can do is hold onto Pedro, breathe and hope for the curves to end soon, but I do literally feel like I’ll fall off the bike anytime. Of course I don’t. I choose not to.




There are men perched at the top of these trees, cleaning them, with no protections


Today we have at least 200 km to cover and the best thing to do is to accept each moment, as has been the case all along. I don’t want to repeat myself but once again I have to say that Acceptance is Mother India’s greatest teaching. It constantly reminds us that: Love dwells beyond wrong or right.

In Mudigere we stop at a bakery and Pedro is surprised at the amount of cakes now available. Back in 2012/13, when he last visited India, there were hardly any. We wonder whether to consider this a sign of progress or regression, since widespread access to sweets is hardly a healthy evolution but rather one more of the global economy market’s enticing addictions. We buy something sweet and something savoury together with the delicious bananas of the day and enjoy a bit of a break.

We figure our destination for today will be Hassan, which is still around 200 km from Bangalore, but we will decide as we move on.

We stop again at Belur, where there is a market today. Usually we love walking through street markets but today we just ride past, rest for a while and proceed.

We are now on “going back home” mode, leaving the natural sanctuaries previously visited behind and embracing the more urban areas we are now encountering.

Fortunately, after Mudigere the road smooths down and in contrast to the winding mountain tracks, these now seem like excellent travelling conditions. There is nothing like going through something more challenging in order to make not perfect but slightly more agreeable conditions seem excellent.

After Belur we start looking out for a place to stay because today the sky is darkening earlier and it will soon burst open with heavy rain… It does start raining but we are moving in the other direction so it’s as if we are running ahead of the rain, which is a very fortunate circumstance for us.

We stop under a closed street “bar” cover and look through Booking for a good place in Hassan. We book a place that seems too good to be true, but we trust our gut feeling and believe it is as good value for money as it seems on the photos.

The rain is gallopping towards us, but we manage to get to the Hotel in time. The kind doorman promises to take good care of our bike, which will stay out in the street. The place is as good as the photos! Clean, spacious, comfortable and cheap. An outstanding combination.



I am nacked from today’s long stretch, my burn needs tending to, but all in all life is grand and its beauty impossible to grasp at once, such is its infinite vastness. I am deeply thankful for every single moment, as I know that in the world of illusion, nothing is what it seems and each moments, no matter what it may be, is an abundant treasure in itself.

Sweet dreams!



💙💚💛💜


Read Post 1 of this series here, post 2 here, post 3 here, post 4 here, post 5 here, post 6 here, post 7 here, post 8 here, post 9 here, post 10 here, post 11 here, post 12 here, post 13 here, post 14 here; post 15 here




Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário