Translate

terça-feira, 4 de julho de 2017

The Power of Conscious Choice - Mother India's Magic 8

Day 6 - 12th May 2017 (Day 5 of WEF)


Networking Day


Today I have no sessions of my own so I have decided to just let myself feel which rooms to be in each time without even consulting the titles. This decision leads me to enter rooms I would not have chosen if I had read the theme, but which then turn out to fill my heart with the loving joy of witnessing inspiration in action, no matter what the subject is.

My choice for the day is to establish meaningful connections and to live my day, as usual, in ease, trust and simplicity so I know that this is all I will encounter.

There is this room: the Speakers' and AEC member's meeting room, which is the quietest place in the whole conference, mainly because most people have not to this day found out it existed, even though the Conference is almost over.

So I have booked my meetings for this room but the first lady I am supposed to meet here, Surbhi Agarwal, creator of The Art Exotica (this a Startup project that reunites hundreds of  artisan girls and women from the Rajasthan area and intends to create a steady income for all of these artisans by exporting their handcraft - her presentation starts at 1h04), is waiting for me somewhere upstairs at a place she thought was the meeting room whilst I am down here. I eventually send her a WhatsApp message after half an hour enjoying this quiet place. She turns up and we have a brief conversation, connecting and booking for tomorrow.


Meanwhile I have made the most of my time in this quiet space, made some calls back home and just enjoyed the stillness for a while. Masingita is here too, but she is busy on her computer so we are basically alone taking care of our own affairs.

I have a meeting with Sameer Somal, Chief Financial Officer at Blue Ocean Globaltech and Blue Ocean Global Wealth, and Rachita Sharma, Assistant Vice President of Executive Offices,  to discuss a possible business partnership. I met Sameer and Rachita yesterday while I was chatting with Sindu and he came over to congratulate her (here is an article Sindu wrote and posted on LinkedIn about her WEF experience - 14 simple concepts to transform your life). Cheryl Collins also shows up all of a sudden and Meena Baluja is there too so we take one more pic to perpetuate this good memory. 




I take this opportunity to leave the information here that Sindu is organising an International Youth Leadership and Innovation Forum which will be held in Singapore on the 2nd of September 2017. Anyone interested can contact her by clicking on the link.

Back to Sameer and Rachita. It was a very easy going and joyful connection and I instantly felt there could be a good basis for cooperation. The truth is we then kept on bumping into each other so I eventually asked whether they would be available for a networking meeting. That’s how we came to be here now. My proposal is bold: for Blue Ocean Globaltech to launch my platform, doing the marketing bit and receive a percentage of sales. They promise to consider my proposal. Let’s see where it goes. Sometimes business ventures turn out to be productive in different ways so my initial proposal can unfold in its own unique way, which in any case will jumpstart the success of my platform. I also will do my best to refer Blue Ocean Globaltech whenever I see it is worth creating synergies and connections because I believe that all opportunities of cooperation are intended to be win win situations, creative exchanges where both sides grow and expand in a richer way.


I finally get Candice Camille on video. Such an amazing woman. She is the Wellologist I have already mentioned previously and is a true to life example of what she teaches. Thank you Candice.


Just reminding you that the the theme for my interiew is “living an insanely abundant life” and the question is – “What makes people thrive?” and “How can we live an insanely abundant life?” I’m sure it will be a precious series, full of inspired wisdom that drives passion around the world.

***

Later on for some reason or other I am at the Novotel lobby and Elizabeth Marazita, Business Development Manager of Mundo Pato, a Multidisciplinary Cloud to publish Online Courses related to Wellness,  shows up. She needs to go to the shopping centre nearby and asks whether I want to come along. On the spur of the moment I accept. What a lovely experience. We eventually go into a clothes shop called Fabulous Silk and the shop owner, who happens to be a Prince named Prince Solanki, tells us that the business is owned and managed by his wife and that over  90% of their employees are women receiving about double the minimum average salary. I promise to give Dr Harbeen this information because they somehow fit the concept of the WEF. The gentleman even invites us to come and stay at his house up in the mountains, us and our families for a week, ten days, whatever.



Dr Elizabeth Marazita's session which I attended on Wednesday the 10th - The Alchemy of Integrative Medicine on the Cloud

I now have numerous places to stay at in India and will surely be getting a lot of visitors over at my place too. People in India have this innocence about them and an openness to share. They repeatedly invite me to their homes with such simple care that I am drawn to accept. Let’s see how many I actually come back to visit. I’m sure I will follow up on some of these kind offers.

Back to our short excursion to the shopping centre. Thank you Elizabeth, this short experience and our Tuc ride back to the hotel will stay with me.

***
I meet Carla for dinner and she and a friend tell me all about their makeover experience and how many obstacles they encounter. Through persistence and with much effort they eventually manage to do the makeover session. I keep on asking why they didn't listen to their hearts and follow the path of least resistance instead of choosing to go along with a situation that didn't feel quite right. I am sure that if they had let a new potential open up instead of taking the first opportunity even though it felt strange, it could all have been simpler. I will spare you the details. What counts is that they do it and Carla gets to show her expertise and the lovely woman who has received this gift is very happy with her new look! Great job Carla, you rock! :D

Anyway, dinner unfolds and more people join us. Karan Bhatia, Director of Strategic Relationships for Businessworld, a media company and one of the main sponsors of the event, Suman Shrivastava, who is a Life Coach and Marma Vaccume Therapist (here is one of her interventions at WEF) and Praveen S. Chauhan (here is an article written by him for Business World). He is a prominent self taught Astrologer and Palmist.

Out of the blue Anu finds me and is terribly worried that she has to pay me the "Are you aProfessional Worrier" book that she got from me two days earlier. But in fact she has already paid me - she paid me straight away when she bought the book - so the reason why she has been thinking about me all day is another.

She starts spilling out that she has 30 minutes to decide whether to go with her English friends to Goa because they have found an irrefusable package and it expires in 30 minutes. However, she had been meaning to do the Golden Triangle circuit - Delhi, Agra, Jaipur and it doesn't feel right to her to go off to a far away place in the south of India and lie her time away on the beach.

On the other hand she doesn't want to let her friends down, plus she is afraid of going her own way on her own. All of this adds up to the whirlwind of emotions she has whipped up throughout the Conference. She is sitting between Suman and I and we are both holding her hands. I ask her what she wants for herself, what her choice is for her and Suman reinforces this with very wise and balanced guidance.

Ula breaks down into tears, shifting between despair and relief and we just sit and hold her hand, asking her what she chooses for her. I tell her that I can give her the contact of the agency who took care of things for me, that she can come along but she is travelling with herself and for herself, we are not sharing a room because I need my space and she needs hers and besides, her challenge is to develop self-confidence. Of course we will be going to places together but we will also have a lot of time alone.

She worries that her friends will be angry at her and is afraid to face them. Meanwhile the half hour has passed and one of her friends finds her with us, saying that the time has passed.  Ula stays a while longer and I eventually stand up and ask her to stand up and take a deep breath, lift her head up and trust she can go up to her friends and be honest. She does not need to decide right now Suman tells her She can allow herself to sleep over it and decide tomorrow. We tell her that the world is rife with opportunities and that there is no knowing if an even better deal will be there tomorrow for her friends and even for her. She does not need to decide under pressure and all will be well.



She finally goes up to her friends and they are worried with her, wondering if they have done something or said something wrong. They feel relieved when she tells them she will possibly go to Agra and Jaipur but will sleep over it. They thank her instead of being angry at her.

There is no point predefining how someone will react to a situation or behave towards us because each one has a mind and heart of their own. In fact we can choose how to approach others and we can choose how we want to live a situation. For example in this case Ula could choose to respect herself and her friends and she could choose the situation to be smooth and simple. That in itself would have taken care of the whole issue in a very balanced way. Which is in fact what happened.

After all of this we all stay for a while longer at the Food Exchange - that's the name of the excellent restaurant at the Novotel where we have been served the most royal meals ever since we arrived.

Eventually it is time to leave and Carla wants to catch a taxi to Ibis where she is staying but we offer to walk her there. Thank you all for a lovely evening, I deeply appreciated your good natures company <3


Got this pic from Praveen's facebook wall ;) Thank you Praveen

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário